- There is a strong correlation between pelvis imbalance and joint degenerations, especially in the hip, knee, ankle and spine.
- Subjects were 30 female university students WITHOUT pain.
- Subjects were divided into pelvis adjusting group and control group (stretching group).
- The adjustment was consist of Gonstead theory.
- Varies measurements were used to asseses the outcome, which included: BackMapper, trunk inclination (TIN), trunk imbalance (TIM), the inclination of the coronal plane, pelvis position (PPO), the left and right inclination of the pelvis; ;pelvic torsion (PTO), the degree of declination of the hip bone, pelvic rotation (PRO), the declination of the pelvis on the horizontal
plane, and the position of the scapulae (PSA).
- The adjusting group had significant improvement compared to the control group in all aspects.
Dr. Wu Dc’s comment:
What a great study! Here are few take away pearls from this paper.
- Gonstead system rocks! I am a proud to say I am a Gonstead exclusive chiropractor. The precise analysis, examination and the specificity of adjustment is really the key to enhance patient’s healing and health. This system is so great that even physical therapist profession are implemen
ting it, what a honor!
- Never, I repeated, never judge your health based on how you feel. These 30 students were asymptomatic (no pain) when they got evaluated and had pelvis imbalanced. This is crucial because how many of us will only go to doctor when we are in pain? “Wait and see” approach for your health is never a good idea and we should be more proactive about it. Pain is usually the last one to show and first one to go. Before you reached the pain stage, there is usually some sort of degeneration happened already. Make sure go see your chiropractor, acupucntirest, medical doctor and other health care professionals periodically to keep your health in top notch so you can live and function at your fullest.
Yours in health,
Dr. Wu DC
ICON Chiropractic Center